Transformation and not a fairy godmother in sight!


This is the allotment before we got started in September 2011

But now we are proud of the fact we changed our new starter plot from a field with a leaky pond to a viable concern in three months!

               This is the allotment after Ian and his rotivator had been busy and we got stuck in with black plastic to stop the weeds. After that we marked out the beds and paths. The paths have wood chippings on them which is available on the site and makes the whole thing look great.

December 2011

                                                                    Now the secondhand shed is in place and our new beds planted out with onions and garlic. The pond is a going concern waiting for the newts and frogs to reappear from hibernation. The last photo is Alan making the gate and all that is left is putting a fence around the pond as a safety measure.

Full story of the allotment on –

This entry was posted in Gardening and the Allotment - for the love of it and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s