The hole in the wall
A little boy looks into a dry stone wall and imagines who might inhabit it. Poem with illustrations. A6 softback (postcard size) 24 pages.
Words and illustrations by Ann Perrin
Produced by The Dry Stone Walling Education Project
The Puppeteers Daughter
The poems explore the complexity of life as the daughter of marionette makers and performers. There are poems concerned with life, love and loss, also the seaside, artists, allotments and the eccentricities of life.
Buy now - £6.60
Don’t Throw Away the Daisies (illustrated)
Ann’s poetry covers the big topics of love and death with originality. Take for instance the title poem which is full of surprises yet also wonderfully poignant.
- Here we go Christmas again and a bit lost for words …
- My poem ‘Seeing’ is about problems with my sight and of course a little general chit chat.
- The puppets that went to the Palace and moving to Eastbourne!
- On World Puppetry Day, thinking about the part of my life spent treading the boards.
- Strange times – celebrations – love – loss and poetry
- More life and times of ageing puppeteer, writer and poet.
- My poem translated into Italian – Bluebells – Garden – Memoir.
- March – another month is flying by…
- Emerging from the chaos of 2020 inevitably older but wiser?
- Telegoons – based on The Goon show – their role in my downfall!
- Creativity – lockdown – but everything is the garden is lovely!
- Talking to myself – pictures – poems
- Early summer in the garden. Pictures -puppet – poems
- Memories – VE day in Balmore Street London N.19 and poetry.
- Happy Easter
- The way the brain may cope with self isolation –
- A magical mother – pictures – poems – stories.
- Hands upon hands and so expressive.
- Signs of spring in Saltdean despite wild weather…
- A garden poem and love the marionettes!
Copyright© Ann Perrin, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all illustrations without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Please leave a comment for moderation if you wish to contact the author and illustrator with any enquiry.
Tag Archives: Birds
Seagulls enjoy the Lido…
before it opens to the public.
Posted in Brighton - out and about, Cheer yourself up on a dull day, Life and Times of a New Age Granny, Living by the sea, Nature - birds, Nothing waits a category long, Photography Tagged Birds, Cheer yourself up on a dull day, Out and about in Brighton, Photography, Saltdean Lido, \Nature Leave a comment
Happy New Year to Everyone.
. . .from popular posts in 2014 … Continue reading
Posted in Brighton - out and about, Cheer yourself up, Finding my feet in Brighton, Nature - birds, flowers, sea or country, Photography, Retiring to Brighton - ups and downs, Rottingdean Tagged 'Oh What a Lovely War', Allotment on The Weald, Anne-Marie Fyfe, Art on the Metro, Birds, Bridget Whelan, Brighton - out and about, Cafe Poets Pop In, Carmen Miranda, Cheer yourself up on a dull day, Creativity, Fallen angels, Finding my feet in Brighton, Flowers/Garden/Allotment, France, Frosty the Snowman, Hebden Bridge, India, Jackie Wills, Japanese Garden in Ireland, Lorainne Bowen, Marionette, Naked bike ride, Newhaven Fisheries, Out and about in Brighton, Ovingdean Honey, Photography, Pighog, Rottingdean, Rottingdean buries timecapsule, Saltdean, Skylines, St Kevin's monastry, Troubadour, Wise words in retirement Leave a comment
Happy Christmas to you and you and you
and you….. She wouldn’t have the nerve to put Frosty up as her Christmas card three times running, surely? “Oh no she wouldn’t!” “Oh yes she would!” —– More of our marionettes on – http://www.youtube.com/user/puppethouseuk/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid
Posted in Brighton - out and about, Cheer yourself up, Finding my feet in Brighton, Marionette, Nature - birds, flowers, sea or country, Nothing waits a category long, Photography, Puppethouse mayhem, Rottingdean Tagged Birds, Brighton - out and about, British Puppet and Model Theatre Guild, Cheer yourself up on a dull day, Dancing Snowman, Finding my feet in Brighton, Frost the snowman out and about, HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM PUPPETHOUSE, Maiontette, Out and about in Brighton, Photography, Puppethouse.Uk, Rottingdean, Saltdean 1 Comment
A new Macdonalds fly-in?
Mrs Clucky goes walkabout.
Just found these pictures of the chickens from next door escaping and going walkabout in our garden, a great deal of squawking and no eggs. Mrs Clucky is now banned!
The dawn chorus from my son’s cottage in Tatsfield – who needs music?
It woke me up luckily – so I heard it all and it went on for ages -grabbed my camera and make 5 min film, no pics as such! All my films are on this rather long link! http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ann+perrin&oq=ann+perrin&gs_l=youtube.12.. 35i39l2.4144.6784.0.9522.214.171.124.0.0.0.138.1132.1j9.10.0…0.0…1ac.1.X4