The hole in the wall
A little boy looks into a dry stone wall and imagines who might inhabit it. Poem with illustrations. A6 softback (postcard size) 24 pages.
Words and illustrations by Ann Perrin
Produced by The Dry Stone Walling Education Project
The Puppeteers Daughter
The poems explore the complexity of life as the daughter of marionette makers and performers. There are poems concerned with life, love and loss, also the seaside, artists, allotments and the eccentricities of life.
Buy now - £6.60
Don’t Throw Away the Daisies (illustrated)
- More life and times of ageing puppeteer, writer and poet.
- My poem translated into Italian – Bluebells – Garden – Memoir.
- March – another month is flying by…
- Emerging from the chaos of 2020 inevitably older but wiser?
- Telegoons – based on The Goon show – their role in my downfall!
- Creativity – lockdown – but everything is the garden is lovely!
- Talking to myself – pictures – poems
- Early summer in the garden. Pictures -puppet – poems
- Memories – VE day in Balmore Street London N.19 and poetry.
- Happy Easter
- The way the brain may cope with self isolation –
- A magical mother – pictures – poems – stories.
- Hands upon hands and so expressive.
- Signs of spring in Saltdean despite wild weather…
- A garden poem and love the marionettes!
- Lace making – poem and pictures
- Pure escapism painting, photography, singing and puppets.
- Sorting essays, stories and photos of our marionettes at last.
- Keeping my spirits up in February – nature – haiku – wonderful museum visit.
- Welcoming the New Year
Copyright© Ann Perrin, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all illustrations without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Please leave a comment for moderation if you wish to contact the author and illustrator with any enquiry.
Tag Archives: New Writing South
Well its November and Remembrance Sunday so I’ve included ‘Minding Grandpa’ I’ve also just realised I’ve been writing this blog for ten years but the poem is only three years old, so not too many repeats as yet! Grandpa had … Continue reading
I was running this rabbit along beaches 60 years ago to publicise our shows! Today I had persuaded him to come out of retirement and help me peddle my new poetry book, which was fine until he collapsed with exhaustion! … Continue reading
A lovely sunny day in Brighton again! Just the day for the coffee and cake reunion date at the Mock Turtle Cafe with the writers who met at Sussex Uni in 2009! We had been promising ourselves to meet up again … Continue reading
Thanks to Nicholas Hallett chairman and Roger Bluff secretary of the Hatchery Writing Group, we have not only had a fantastic year of talks, prompts and sharing writing, but have taken part in a specially organised competition judged by New Writing … Continue reading