The hole in the wall
A little boy looks into a dry stone wall and imagines who might inhabit it. Poem with illustrations. A6 softback (postcard size) 24 pages.
Words and illustrations by Ann Perrin
Produced by The Dry Stone Walling Education Project
The Puppeteers Daughter
The poems explore the complexity of life as the daughter of marionette makers and performers. There are poems concerned with life, love and loss, also the seaside, artists, allotments and the eccentricities of life.
Buy now - £6.60
Don’t Throw Away the Daisies (illustrated)
Ann’s poetry covers the big topics of love and death with originality. Take for instance the title poem which is full of surprises yet also wonderfully poignant.
- Here we go Christmas again and a bit lost for words …
- My poem ‘Seeing’ is about problems with my sight and of course a little general chit chat.
- The puppets that went to the Palace and moving to Eastbourne!
- On World Puppetry Day, thinking about the part of my life spent treading the boards.
- Strange times – celebrations – love – loss and poetry
- More life and times of ageing puppeteer, writer and poet.
- My poem translated into Italian – Bluebells – Garden – Memoir.
- March – another month is flying by…
- Emerging from the chaos of 2020 inevitably older but wiser?
- Telegoons – based on The Goon show – their role in my downfall!
- Creativity – lockdown – but everything is the garden is lovely!
- Talking to myself – pictures – poems
- Early summer in the garden. Pictures -puppet – poems
- Memories – VE day in Balmore Street London N.19 and poetry.
- Happy Easter
- The way the brain may cope with self isolation –
- A magical mother – pictures – poems – stories.
- Hands upon hands and so expressive.
- Signs of spring in Saltdean despite wild weather…
- A garden poem and love the marionettes!
Copyright© Ann Perrin, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all illustrations without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Please leave a comment for moderation if you wish to contact the author and illustrator with any enquiry.
Tag Archives: SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder
Ruby Wax in Brighton – depression – creativity – humour!
The stage is set for Ruby Wax and an evening devoted to mental health, part of Brighton’s ‘SICK’ event Ruby strutting her stuff, (well gently bouncing on a giant green exercise ball most of the time) but bringing to life her … Continue reading
Posted in Brighton - out and about, Cheer yourself up, Finding my feet in Brighton, Photography Tagged Brighton - out and about, Brighton's 'SICK' events, Celebrity depression, Cheer yourself up on a dull day, Creative writing has become an industry, Depression and NLP, Finding my feet in Brighton, Here comes the Spring, Mental health 'Sick' Brighton, MSc in Life Course Development at Birkbeck, NLP and depression, Out and about in Brighton, Photography, Recovery from Depression is an industry, Ruby Wax in Brighton, SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder, Sane New World: Taming the Mind by Ruby Wax, Up and out of depression, Wise words in retirement Leave a comment
Announcing a new page for tips on SAD
SAD is seasonal depression that comes in the autumn, can start as early as October and often miraculously disappears in the spring. A new page starts today. If you want to follow it check it out on a regular basis … Continue reading
Posted in Brighton - out and about, Cheer yourself up, Finding my feet in Brighton Tagged Brighton - out and about, Cheer yourself up on a dull day, Finding my feet in Brighton, Having a bad hair day!, NLP tips for SAD, Out and about in Brighton, Photography, SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder, Seasonal affective disorder, Tips for coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder Leave a comment
Autumnal activity, creativity and health – the gym
Autumn is the time for activity, creativity and, of course, comfort eating. Currently Ryvita and honey sometimes at 2 a.m.! New projects will be the only way to prepare for the real deep dark mists of winter that arrive at … Continue reading