The hole in the wall
A little boy looks into a dry stone wall and imagines who might inhabit it. Poem with illustrations. A6 softback (postcard size) 24 pages.
Words and illustrations by Ann Perrin
Produced by The Dry Stone Walling Education Project
The Puppeteers Daughter
The poems explore the complexity of life as the daughter of marionette makers and performers. There are poems concerned with life, love and loss, also the seaside, artists, allotments and the eccentricities of life.
Buy now - £6.60
Don’t Throw Away the Daisies (illustrated)
- My poem translated into Italian – Bluebells – Garden – Memoir.
- March – another month is flying by…
- Emerging from the chaos of 2020 inevitably older but wiser?
- Telegoons – based on The Goon show – their role in my downfall!
- Creativity – lockdown – but everything is the garden is lovely!
- Talking to myself – pictures – poems
- Early summer in the garden. Pictures -puppet – poems
- Memories – VE day in Balmore Street London N.19 and poetry.
- Happy Easter
- The way the brain may cope with self isolation –
- A magical mother – pictures – poems – stories.
- Hands upon hands and so expressive.
- Signs of spring in Saltdean despite wild weather…
- A garden poem and love the marionettes!
- Lace making – poem and pictures
- Pure escapism painting, photography, singing and puppets.
- Sorting essays, stories and photos of our marionettes at last.
- Keeping my spirits up in February – nature – haiku – wonderful museum visit.
- Welcoming the New Year
- Christmas creeping up on us!
Copyright© Ann Perrin, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all illustrations without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Please leave a comment for moderation if you wish to contact the author and illustrator with any enquiry.
Tag Archives: The Goon Show
Invited to give a talk about the Telegoons for The Goon Show Preservation Society many moons ago, naturally it developed into a performance! Here is the transcript of the talk I have also transferred a film of the event to … Continue reading
‘Ning Nang Nong where the Cows go Bong ‘etc etc. Well I bet they once did in Ticehurst where Spike lived for a while. Yesterday thanks to The Bell pub and Kit Smith who organised it, it was and a day … Continue reading
The Telegoons – Saturday the 5th of October was the day fifty years ago when the first episode of The Telegoons was shown on TV. To mark the occasion there was celebration at The Strutton Arms formerly The Grafton … Continue reading
It was an honour to be included on the guest list for ‘A Celebration of the life and work of Charles Chilton’ at the BBC. We were included as members of ‘The Goon Show Preservation Society’ and because I had … Continue reading
The Telegoons – yes Major Bloodnok, Neddy Seagoon, Eccles, Bluebottle and others are at it again, in this 1960’s episode called ‘The Canal’ – It could be the episode for which I personally knitted Neddy a nice warm scarf, … Continue reading
The Telegoons were based on the famous ‘Goon Show’ the films were made in the 60s and I have just found the pics, a script and a film to download. Most people thought that the BBC made the series … Continue reading