The hole in the wall
A little boy looks into a dry stone wall and imagines who might inhabit it. Poem with illustrations. A6 softback (postcard size) 24 pages.
Words and illustrations by Ann Perrin
Produced by The Dry Stone Walling Education Project
The Puppeteers Daughter
The poems explore the complexity of life as the daughter of marionette makers and performers. There are poems concerned with life, love and loss, also the seaside, artists, allotments and the eccentricities of life.
Buy now - £6.60
Don’t Throw Away the Daisies (illustrated)
- More life and times of ageing puppeteer, writer and poet.
- My poem translated into Italian – Bluebells – Garden – Memoir.
- March – another month is flying by…
- Emerging from the chaos of 2020 inevitably older but wiser?
- Telegoons – based on The Goon show – their role in my downfall!
- Creativity – lockdown – but everything is the garden is lovely!
- Talking to myself – pictures – poems
- Early summer in the garden. Pictures -puppet – poems
- Memories – VE day in Balmore Street London N.19 and poetry.
- Happy Easter
- The way the brain may cope with self isolation –
- A magical mother – pictures – poems – stories.
- Hands upon hands and so expressive.
- Signs of spring in Saltdean despite wild weather…
- A garden poem and love the marionettes!
- Lace making – poem and pictures
- Pure escapism painting, photography, singing and puppets.
- Sorting essays, stories and photos of our marionettes at last.
- Keeping my spirits up in February – nature – haiku – wonderful museum visit.
- Welcoming the New Year
Copyright© Ann Perrin, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all illustrations without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Please leave a comment for moderation if you wish to contact the author and illustrator with any enquiry.
Tag Archives: The Telegoons
Invited to give a talk about the Telegoons for The Goon Show Preservation Society many moons ago, naturally it developed into a performance! Here is the transcript of the talk I have also transferred a film of the event to … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago a friend rang to tell me they had seen my name on a playbill on a programme about Morecambe and Wise on ITV 3. My stage name was Ann Field and I do remember Hulme … Continue reading
The unveiling and celebration is on 28th of February in Marlborough, where Bob Pelham created Wonky Toys and later Pelham Puppets. The plaque is a big achievement for David Leech who instigated the idea and the council for their generous support … Continue reading
Scraping the barrel for memories of ‘The Telegoons’ but as it is their anniversary on October 6th, I was asked to write what I could still remember for ‘The Goon Show Preservation Society’ magazine. It was easy to remember endless … Continue reading
It was an honour to be included on the guest list for ‘A Celebration of the life and work of Charles Chilton’ at the BBC. We were included as members of ‘The Goon Show Preservation Society’ and because I had … Continue reading
The Telegoons – yes Major Bloodnok, Neddy Seagoon, Eccles, Bluebottle and others are at it again, in this 1960’s episode called ‘The Canal’ – It could be the episode for which I personally knitted Neddy a nice warm scarf, … Continue reading
The Telegoons were based on the famous ‘Goon Show’ the films were made in the 60s and I have just found the pics, a script and a film to download. Most people thought that the BBC made the series … Continue reading
What a lovely man, friendly and unassuming and with such a body of creative and original work behind him and an inspiration to many that followed! He was born on June 15 1917 and died on January 2nd 2013 Apparently he … Continue reading